Why this priority?
Measurement was ranked highly by our stakeholders as an area where we could add value to existing work. We are committed to understanding
the patient perspective of safety.
Our stakeholders also identified measurement capability as an area where they required support. The establishment of standard measurement principles and techniques will enable the EM PSC to showcase its value added activity.
- Developing a learning and improvement system to support patient safety across the East Midlands which adds value to and complements the activities within Individual organisations.
- Identifying regional aims and individual patient safety projects to be adopted across the East Midlands with supportive measurement and methodology for improvement.
- Creating a patient safety collaborative which is patient centred and develops patient as co-leaders.
- Increasing system capacity for quality improvement and patient safety, working with partners and including national initiatives.
- Supporting the development of a positive culture for patient safety which values staff, encourages feedback and is open about mistakes.
- Support the roll out of the Primary Care Safety Toolkit, encompasses a number of measurements including patient reported outcomes.