Simple Telehealth System
Josh, diabetic patient, Nottingham
Watch Josh’s film here:
Florence (Flo) Simple Telehealth uses SMS to communicate with patients, supporting patient
self-care and compliance whilst delivering efficiencies by enabling larger caseloads to be managed.
Flo is owned by the NHS and at around 8p per text is cost-effective to administer and free for patients.
Over 15 million people in the UK live with a Long Term Condition (LTC). Flo offers innovative ways to help address this challenge. Texting is a quick and cost-effective way to communicate with patients; for example reminding people with diabetes to check blood sugar levels and send results back to their doctors, quickly flagging concerns.
What’s the impact?
- Over 3,500 patients have used Flo across Nottinghamshire. It is part of the local digital roadma for the county and a number of services are using it across primary, community and mental health care
- Flo is written into 6 Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group contracts, and is supporting the roll out of New Care Models within the region
- Use of Flo with heart failure patients reduced the need for nurse home visits by around a third
- People with Asperger’s syndrome reported improved quality of life and independence, and less need for care when using Flo
- It has reached over 70 health and care organisations with 33,000 patients registered for using clinically approved pathways
- Increasing the number of patients accessing Flo across Nottinghamshire
- Ongoing evaluation of Flo’s effectiveness and improvements to care pathways
- Investigating the potential to spread Flo nationally via the country’s Academic Health Science Networks